The Forest Guild Model Forest program recognizes places, people, and relationships that foster sustainable forest management and demonstrate successful silviculture.
The Guild is currently accepting pre-applications!
The basic steps to become a model forest are:
Here are the documents needed to become a Model Forest:
- Review the program criteria.
- Submit a pre-application.
- If criteria and program objectives are met, the program coordinator will request a full application within 4 months.
- Submit a full application within the requested 4 month timeline.
- Have a field review of your forest by a minimum of three Guild professional members.
- The field team present their findings to the Model Forest Committee who either accept or reject the candidate forest.
- The forest and its manager recieves recognition and accolades of their colleagues!
For more information contact Eytan Krasilovsky (505)983-8992 xt 16 or
Support the Forest Guild
Your support will promote ecologically, economically, and socially responsible forestry Donate Now