The Forest Guild Model Forest program recognizes places, people, and relationships that foster sustainable forest management and demonstrate successful silviculture.
Demonstrating Excellent Forestry
The Guild’s Model Forest program is intended to promote and demonstrate excellent forestry and to exemplify the guiding principles of the Forest Guild.
Model Forest designation is not a forest certification program, and designation as a Forest Guild Model Forest does not confer any rights to forest owners to make claims for the sustainability of wood or other forest products produced on Model Forests.
| || || || || |
Model Forest Program Criteria:
- The Model Forest demonstrates alignment with the Guild’s principles.
- Model Forest management is guided by a comprehensive, written, forest management plan.
- The Model Forest is under stable ownership with evidence of transparent decision making, and Model Forest owners and foresters are willing to commit to the Model Forest program through a memorandum of understanding.
- The Model Forest is under management by a Forest Guild professional member, ensuring that both the owner’s long-term goals and the demonstration objectives of a Guild Model Forest can be achieved.
- The Model Forest has high demonstration value.
Support the Forest Guild
Your support will promote ecologically, economically, and socially responsible forestry
Please note we use a nonprofit service, GiveDirect, to process our credit card transactions.