Forest Guild Employment Opportunities
The Forest Guild prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.
Other Employment Opportunities
The following information is provided as a service to Guild members. Distribution of this information does not constitute Guild sponsorship or endorsement of the employer or position. There is an 85 cent per word charge for posting on this page for non-Guild members, 45 cents for members and will be posted for no more than 3 months. Submit a listing here.
Posted: May 7, 2013 |
Position: FORESTRY/PARKS TECHNICIAN
Organization: Aitkin County Land Dept
Location: Aitkin, MN
FT Position in the Aitkin County Land Dept. Min. Quals: Associate's degree or higher in Forestry, Parks and Recreation, Natural Resources, or a related field, plus two or more years related experience performing land, forestry, or recreational management activities, Pesticide Applicator license issued by the State of MN Department of Agriculture preferred, and Valid Minnesota driver's license required. Wage range $13.34-$24.02/hr DOQ.
To Apply:Applications and complete details are available on-line at www.co.aitkin.mn.us or can be picked up at the Aitkin County Courthouse, HR Department, 217 2nd Street NW, Room 134, Aitkin, MN.
Deadline: 5/23/13 at 4:30 pm
Posted: May 7, 2013
Position: Forest Stewardship Program Outreach Assistant Position Job # 0901633
Organization: University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension
Location: Durham, NH
This is an 80% time, benefits-eligible position, including professional development, group health, disability, life insurance, and the USNH retirement plan.
Supervised by the Extension Forestry Specialist, this person assists in the planning, organizing and coordinating assigned reporting, marketing and educational activities for the UNH Cooperative Extension Forest Stewardship Area.
Travel required to site-specific locations for interactions with clientele, programs, events and meetings. Personal vehicle in compliance with all New Hampshire regulations and automobile liability insurance coverage also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collect necessary reporting data, compile, analyze and develop reports for cooperating agencies and organizations.
2. Maintain necessary records and files.
1. Develop and maintain exhibits, displays and other outreach materials.
2. Maintain, update and develop content for the Forest Stewardship Area's website, facebook, twitter and other social media.
3. Conduct public outreach and marketing on behalf of the Forest Stewardship Area in coordination with staff in the program area, UNH Departments with subject matter expertise, and UNHCE communication and marketing staff (e.g., via news releases, web presence, brochures, etc.).
1. Coordinate the Forestry Information Center, including answering inquiries via phone, email and written correspondence, making appropriate referrals to UNH Cooperative Extension resources such as the Plant and Arthropod Diagnostic Labs, the Education Center and other staff.
2. Participate in the collection of data and/or conduct surveys on program activities for evaluation purposes.
3. Assist in the organization and delivery of seminars and workshops.
4. Assist in developing, designing, writing and editing brochures, reports and other educational materials for publication and distribution.
1. Maintain databases necessary for reporting.
2. Provide staff technical support as needed.
1. Perform related duties as assigned.
2. Participate in professional development to maintain and enhance skills needed.
1. A bachelor's degree, preferably in forestry, wildlife, environmental conservation, or related field.
2. Two years of experience in planning, organizing and coordinating educational programs.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong administrative ability.
5. Experience working in a collaborative office environment.
6. Proficient in microsoft applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) with an emphasis on the structure and function of Access databases.
7. Valid driver’s license.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
1. Familiarity with New Hampshire forestry and wildlife agencies, organizations and businesses.
2. Familiarity with other computer programs a plus (e.g., Drupal web software, suite of Adobe software, ArcGIS)
To Apply: A full position announcement and instructions on how to submit an application for this position can be found on-line at jobs.usnh.edu Use job # 0901633. Cover letter and resume may be electronically attached with application. Computer access/assistance is available at the Human Resources Office, 2 Leavitt Lane, Durham NH 03824 or call 603-862-0501 (TTY Users 603-862-3227). UNH is an AA/EEO Employer. UNH is committed to excellence through the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages women and minorities to apply.
Application Review: Closing date is May 31, 2013 and application review will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Those selected for interview will be asked for three letters of reference and official transcripts. Background check may be required prior to employment.
Inquiries may be directed to Karen Bennett at 603-862-4861.